Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Weirdness

Having people you don't know write about you (and your film) is a weird experience. Up until now, almost all the reviews of my film that have popped up have been a result of me sending screeners to people. I didn't know the reviewers, but I'd been in contact with them in the process of discussing the film and sending a copy.

But after the AFI Dallas screenings, a few reviews have popped up online, and Cinematical even linked here to my coverage of my AFI Dallas experience.

And it's just weird to have strangers writing about me and my work.

Not weird-bad. It's weird-good. But still weird.

I mentioned that AFI Dallas was "highly surreal" because of the red carpet, which I shared with Bill Paxton at one point. This is part of that same experience, I think. And, ultimately, it's what any filmmaker longs for, I suppose. Maybe I should just be less Google-happy with my film's title!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great stuff, Chris. I'm very happpy for the well-deserved success you and the film are getting.

BTW, the FFF really picked up. Today was a great day. I hope all continues well for you in Dallas.

Now if only my site could get the same attention as yours. Ha, ha!

3/28/2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Mike Everleth said...

Sounds like a great experience. Been keeping up with the posts. Glad you had a good, albeit strange time. I find Cinematical to be annoying to read, but that's a pretty big score. I think they have a syndication deal with AOL or something. Congrats!

3/29/2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

thanks, guys. i'm pleased to be getting the exposure -- that's the main thing i was hoping for. already heard from one distributor about some potential interest. hoping AFI helps generates some more...

3/29/2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Sujewa Ekanayake said...

if Messiah is playing at like 3,000 theaters by the time we play it at KRIFF in September, i'll be sure to say that the flick was selected for the fest when Chris was just driving it around the country all by himself. in the rain. on a 1/4 tank of gas. it will be one of those "overnight" indie film success stories :)

- sujewa

3/30/2007 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home