Thursday, April 26, 2007

End of Spring

I haven't been blogging that much lately for a number of reasons. First, I was in Vegas for a week at NAB (National Association of Broadcasters trade show). My department here at Baylor takes a number of students to work as interns there, and I was one of the faculty advisors on the trip this year. Second, the end of the semester is upon us, and I've been busy with end of semester "stuff." That includes the annual Black Glasses Student Film Festival, a departmental film festival that the Baylor Film and Digital Media division puts on every year. I've been coordinating and hosting the evening of screenings the last couple of years, and while it's not THAT much work, it seems like a lot all at once... so the past few days, it feels like I've been doing nothing but Black Glasses stuff.

But it's worth it to get a chance to screen the best student work that comes out of our department, and I look forward to doing it every year.

Counting down: one more class to go (on Monday afternoon), and then I shift into grading mode (and, if I can motivate myself, into Fall 2007 prep mode; it would be nice to get a lot of prep down now as we'll have a new baby in July, and that will make fall prep a little harder late in the summer).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home