Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ron to the rescue

On a hunch, I emailed Ron last night about the A/C situation I mentioned in a previous post (Stupid Things I Did).

Ron is an engineer in my department at the university. He can pretty much fix anything, and I've had many conversations with him about work he's done on his own home (i.e., replacing hot water heaters, and other things I could never do on my own).

Ron got my email this morning and offered to come right over. After an hour of the two of us shopping for the right part (surprisingly hard to find, given that one would assume Home Depot and Lowes would carry this sort of thing), Ron had it installed in about 15 minutes.

And the cool winds are a-blowin'. The A/C is running again, and man, does it feel good!

So good that I actually felt like braving the heat to go into my office and preparing some packages of DVDs to mailed to reviewers, distribution contacts, independent theaters, and film festivals.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I had a similar situation where my dad came to my rescue. I am not one for making repairs, although I posses the knowledge, I am just getting older now and would rather hire it done than getting my own hands dirty.

One alternate choice for when the A/C goes out is to hit the swimming pool, provided you have one. I enjoy my father's pool so much that I put up a web site about pools for others to learn from. It is located here -> swimming pool information

Enjoy!

7/30/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger wcdixon said...

Like your blogname - can relate...will cruise archives and see what's what...

7/31/2006 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home