Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Death and etc.

Sorry for the radio silence of late. I've been dealing with the death of a friend, my wife's best friend, to be precise, and the wife of one of my closest friends. We went to Virginia for the funeral -- a quick but physically and emotionally exhausting trip that I'm nonetheless very happy we made. "Happy" is the wrong word there, but I felt like I was better able to grieve by being there, in the presence of so many people who loved this wonderful, sweet person.

It hit me harder than I thought it would. I've been to my share of funerals, for family members and friends, and I've shed plenty of tears, but I'm usually a "moist-eye" kind of guy. But I turned into a blubbering sobber on Tuesday, and I'm still trying to figure out why.

So, between that and a few other things going on in my life, I just haven't had the energy to blog or, well, much of anything. To be frank, a lot of what's been going on has just worn me down in several ways.

I'll bounce back soon, I'm sure. But right now, I'm just feeling really fatigued and introspective. Creative energy is pretty low, so I need to break out of the rut soon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Chris. My deepest sympathies.

2/27/2008 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home