Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's next?

The problem is that I'm not really a multi-tasker. I've always fought the gender discrimination that tells me I am incapable of multi-tasking, but when it comes to my creative projects, I admit I struggle when it comes to juggling more than one at a time.

So now that Endings is in the festival and distribution phase, I'm finally turning to "what's next."

There's the documentary project that I really want to do, and that everyone who hears about it likes. But I can easily convince myself that I'm too inexperienced a documentarian to tackle such a project.

So I think I should write a new feature script and shoot that while also developing the documentary -- but I can't imagine myself working on both at the same time. Splitting my creative focus is tough, especially when balancing the demands of the regular full time work and my family (which, let's face it, when you have four kids, there's not a whole lot of time to spare).

I'm not really looking for any of my readers to give me any advice here (after all, you hardly know the details). I'm just talking to myself here. And tonight I spent trying to find a cheap enough airline ticket to Seattle to be able to go out for the premiere of Endings, so I'm not sure I'm even ready to make the decision right now anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home