Monday, March 28, 2011

a long overdue update

So, it has been almost two months since I last posted. I actually thought it had been longer. The truth is that I have been busier than I have ever been at work. That's not a complaint, really. Just a fact that has complicated my blogging.

Endings has been picked up by two more festivals - the ReelHeART International Film Festival in Toronto, and the Myrtle Beach International Film Festival. Both have screened my previous films. ReelHeART screened both American Messiah and Clean Freak (with an Honorable Mention award to Clean Freak), and Myrtle Beach screened American Messiah.

It's always an honor for me to screen at a festival at which I'm an alum. That's no different in these cases.

I've been incredibly busy at my "day job" (using that term ironically) as Director of the Film and Digital Media program at Baylor. We are in serious talks to become a department of our own, which is huge for us. And we will soon be raising funds for an arts district with new film facilities. It's an exciting time to be in film (and the arts in general) at Baylor!

3 Comments:

Anonymous fro said...

Awesome to hear. Sic em bears!

3/29/2011 5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like to hear that

4/17/2011 3:35 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Thanks guys - it's the work of our alums that continues to give us prestige!

4/17/2011 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home