Sunday, May 29, 2011

Finally, an update on An Affair

I have been completely overwhelmed by the various professional and personal responsibilities in my life, which has left me little energy for blogging. Nevertheless, I'm forcing myself to write tonight to mark the start of my new film, An Affair.

Rehearsals begin tomorrow with the two excellent lead actors, Matthew Brumlow and Cora Vander Broek. I have never had the opportunity to spend time in extended rehearsal with actors on my projects, so I am looking forward to unpacking the script tomorrow with them without the pressure of the cameras and crew.

You might recall that this film is the one for which I was raising funds back in the fall on Kickstarter. Though that campaign did not reach its goal, many people who made pledges did honor them, and we raised an additional $6,200 for the film (if you're still looking to give, I'm not turning down late donations!).

I spent much of today wandering a store with the actors, trying to find just the right look for each of them. It was harder than I thought it would be! Things that I thought would look great didn't fit Cora's frame as I imagined they would, so we went through many different iterations and ideas. Finally, we found an outfit that I thought completely worked for her character.

So - Monday morning. Coffee and discussion of the script with the actors while sitting in the set constructed for the film. I am trying to cherish the moment - this is what I've been waiting for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yeatsgirl~ said...

So happy to hear things you're in the groove of things as filming gets ready to roll.

Keep us posted!

All good wishes.

5/30/2011 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home