Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shooting An Affair: Day Nine

Today was a studio day, which is always more relaxed. As I've said before, it feels more like 'home,' and everyone is able to settle in a bit.

It felt a bit today like we had turned a corner and were in the home stretch. That's not to say we don't have plenty more to do, of course. But we shot one of the more challenging scenes today, with another really heavy/emotional scene tomorrow. Once tomorrow's shoot is done, we have only one really difficult scene left.

The other positive today was that we got a little ahead of schedule. We finished scene 21 today (a really long scene), and then shot scene 25. We were scheduled to shoot 25 and 26 tomorrow, so this makes tomorrow's shoot of the emotional scene 26 much more relaxed. We can take our time. That is going to be really important tomorrow.

So - a short post tonight. I still like directing without shoes. I feel so relaxed.

A few pictures from today. First, the actors talk about the scene (Matt Brumlow on bed, Cora Vander Broek in foreground, DP Taylor Rudd with camera, Gaffer Stephanie Saathoff behind him):



And I took this photo from my monitor at "Director's camp" (where I sit to watch and listen when I'm not watching from the set). A really nice shot of Matt and Cora in a tense scene.



More tomorrow after the shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home