Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I love football...

...aAnd because I love football, I was thrilled when I got a call from the NFL a few weeks ago. It seems they're having a promotional contest connected with a little game they sponsor (you may have heard of it -- it's called the Super Bowl).

The promotion is for fans to pitch the "Best Super Bowl Commercial Ever," and the winning concept will be produced and shown on TV during the big game.

What does this have to do with me?

I'm going to be a judge. The commercial pitches are being heard at several venues, including Giants Stadium, Mile High Stadium, and Texas Stadium -- which is just up the road from me in Dallas. I'll be serving on one of the panels of judges, which supposedly consist of ex-players, broadcasters, and people like me (i.e., filmmakers and professors from the local areas in which the pitches are being heard).

so this Saturday afternoon/evening, I'll be in Dallas, at the Cowboys' stadium, hearing pitches and judging them and generally getting to be closer to a pro-football field than I've ever been before. I'm very excited about this and looking forward to it. I'll try to report on it next week.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's wonderful! Congratulations, Chris. Have a great time.

Jonathan Chisdes

11/29/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger DAN BUCK said...

You are officially the coolest person I know.

11/29/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Well, Dab, then I can check that goal off my list. I was wondering what I had to do to be the coolest person you knew. ;-)

How's the life-changing stuff going down there in sunny FL?

11/30/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger DAN BUCK said...

Good, I guess. I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Casselbury. If you were thinking of dropping him a line saying you know and adore me, now would be a good time as he told be he'd contact me after thanksgiving to schedule an interview and a well timed endorsement might get him of the stick.

If you want... oh, coolest-person-I-know.

11/30/2006 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

niiiice.

12/02/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I hope you eventually blog on how it went.

12/17/2006 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home