Monday, February 26, 2007

Technology is only a tool...

While I'm a bit of a gadget junkie, ultimately I view technology primarily as a tool simply to accomplish my goals (I'm speaking of filmmaking now). So I might get kind of geeked out about a cool camera or some other gadget, but I'm mostly concerned about a tool's ability to help me make a film that looks (or sounds) the way I want it to.

So all that leadup to mention that the camera I mentione din a previous post arrived today, along with the 30GB mini video hard drive. The problem? The cable that links those two pieces together did NOT come.

Or, rather, we didn't order it. Because we didn't know we needed to. It's an additional cable that you need to purchase separately. After going back to the website, we determined that it IS stated that way on the site, but not in the clearest fashion.

So, all that to say that my camera is in, and my hard drive is in, but I can't use them because of a freaking cable.

Ah, that's life. The cable will be here by the end of the week. So my really cool gadget will sit on my desk until it can become a useful tool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! Hope you get the cable soon.

3/02/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

It came -- I'm ready to start having fun (and, oh yeah, making a film)...

3/02/2007 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home