Sunday, February 18, 2007

Work on the new film

I'm almost ready to begin working on the new film. In a bit of an experiment, I've decided to shoot scenes in and around my house using a "bullet cam" device, which will be mounted on a hat or something like that.

This removes the need for a camera operator, and it will -- I hope -- create an interesting feel for these scenes as they'll feature people reacting to me but won't show me at all...

And if I can give props to my department here, they came up with the money for this (unexpected) expense, buying both the camera and the mini-hard drive/recording device to archive the footage.

The camera pictured above is the one we ordered, a VioSport AdventureCam. Pretty good resolution, and it's typically used for mountain bikers and other sports enthusiasts. It should fare pretty well in my little household adventures.

3 Comments:

Blogger DAN BUCK said...

VERY cool! It opens up all sorts of ideas and paths for the film.

2/21/2007 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Interesting. I bet you could do a lot with that that you couldn't with a conventional camera. Does it give a good-enough picture-quality? Good luck with that. Should make an interesting film.

2/21/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Dan -- yeah, i think this will really help me to focus those segments of the film on "reactions" to behavior (which is one of the things that made me want to do this).

Jonathan -- the resolution is not not HD-quality, but we specifically looked for a fairly high-res version of this kind of camera, so while it will look like what it is, it will have enough quality (I think) to have a clear picture...

2/21/2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home