Sunday, June 14, 2009

Color Correcting ENDINGS

The editor, Simon Tondeur, is color correcting Endings at the moment, so I've been reviewing the film from that perspective this weekend. It's quite strange, in a way, because I'm so used to seeing the film the way it was shot (in terms of color). Color correcting via non-linear editing systems like Final Cut Pro is pretty powerful stuff -- if you have a clean image, you can pretty much do anything you want with it (there are some limitations, at least at my budget level).

So I'm trying to re-orient myself to see the film through new eyes, to determine if the color corrected version, with various filters applied and with contrast increased in a lot of scenes, will serve its purpose.

Just another step in the process...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Interesting. I'm glad it's coming along so well and that you still feel creative at this step.

6/15/2009 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home