Thursday, September 17, 2009

Out to Festivals

Endings is finally out to festivals. I never imagined it would take this long. We began production in June 2008, and got a festival copy done on September 16, 2009. Longest post on any film I've done, and we're still not done (we have to finish some music and the sound mix).

I really wanted to be completely finished with the film by the Sundance deadline, but it just wasn't going to happen; there was too much to get done, but I'm really happy that the picture cut is done and that most of the music is complete.

So I sent it out to Sundance, Slamdance, Cinequest, Atlanta, Dallas International, and several more. The waiting game begins -- and postproduction continues.

Maybe I should start thinking about the next film at some point. But I think I might have to focus first on the whole "going up for tenure this semester" thing...

5 Comments:

Blogger Yeatsgirl~ said...

Congratulations, Chris. Getting the film out has to offer some sense of relief.

Breathe~
(if only briefly)

9/18/2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

I breathed. And am now back into the grind :-)

9/22/2009 10:02 AM  
Blogger The Medievalist said...

Congrats on getting the film out, but it never ends, does it. Just when you make it through one hoop, five more pop up.

9/24/2009 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Chris!

9/30/2009 11:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Thanks all -- sorry to neglect the comments section...

10/05/2009 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home