Sunday, July 26, 2009

Clean Freak - translated

Well, Clean Freak has popped up on an illegal download site. I have no idea if they are really streaming my film, and I'm not going to pay the site's registration fee to find out, but I love the synopsis they put up. It's clearly a translation of my own original synopsis. It apparently went into another language and back again, and came out like this:

Chris Hansen be a filmmaker, but he's also a neurotic brush freak. Here, he turn the camera next to himself, preparatory to see how his kinfolk see him, later to check the roots of his issues, and contained by the drawn out gallop to want rehabilitation.


Here's the original synopsis, in case you want to compare:

Chris Hansen is a filmmaker, but he's also a neurotic clean freak. Here, he turns the camera on himself, first to see how his family sees him, then to explore the roots of his issues, and finally to seek treatment. Clean Freak is a comedic documentary that straddles the line between fact and fiction.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shane B said...

HAHAHAHA Awesome!

It's my dream to have a film of mine pirated over the interned and then summarized by Borat!

7/27/2009 8:12 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I'm sorry that you are the victim of film theft and language butchery. Can you take legal action?

7/27/2009 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a good therapist who can help you with that brush obsession on your gallop to rehabilitation.

7/27/2009 8:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Shane - it is an achievement, I suppose, but a frustrating one in some regards!

J - I am looking into it, but if it's a foreign country, I'm not sure what can be done. If the Pirate Bay can't be taken down by a full legal team, I'm not sure I can stop this person or persons. How are you, btw? Things going better?

Felix - I would think someone who was galloping towards rehab would be in good shape to be helped!

7/28/2009 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Good luck Chris!

BTW, thanks for asking about me. My tinnitus is difficult but I'm getting a bit more used to it, so it doesn't bother me as much as it did a few weeks ago.

Western medicine has no cure, so I've started going to a traditional Chinese doctor. He thinks he can cure it with acupuncture, cupping, and herbs. It's worth a shot. I'm anxious to get my life back.

Thanks for asking.

7/28/2009 5:49 PM  
Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

just, wow - flattering?

7/28/2009 5:54 PM  
Blogger Shane B said...

Yeah sorry if I came off as calloused. Having your works stolen sucks!

I just mean, it's cool that your film is in demand all over the world!

7/28/2009 6:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Shane - no worries, I wasn't offended. It is weird to be appreciated in this particular manner. Kind of funny.

J - glad to hear you have a plan going forward. Hope it works for you!

BK - In a sense, yes. Though I'm relatively certain that any DVD will be pirated and made available. Doesn't necessarily mean people are trying to see it.

7/28/2009 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home