Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tricked Out Pixelvision


Well, I found a PXL 2000. Actually, I emailed several people who had stuff about the PXL 2000 cameras on their site, and one of them got back to me. Check out the tricked out camera at Benstruments.com.

One of the benefits of working for a very cool tech-oriented department: they're buying it. So I can play with it (and so, of course, can our students).

Should produce some cool pixelated images. It records sound AND picture on plain-old audio cassette tapes, really grainy black-and-white at 15 frames-per-second. I'm planning to test the footage to use for some delusion-based scenes in my next film (I'm going to experiment with colorizing/rotoscoping the images).

I love new toys. Can't wait to get this and start playing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Everleth said...

That's way cool. It hasn't been mentioned here, and maybe I'm stating the obvious, but a sequence in "Slacker" used the PXL 2000 camera. I wanted one after seeing the film, but they were rare even then.

9/21/2006 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home