Sunday, September 17, 2006

Finished the trailer, IFC screening scheduled

Well, on Tuesday, we finished editing the new trailer (which, as I may have mentioned, is really the same thing as the old trailer, but with hi-res footage that has been color corrected, with better sound, and with some new graphics elements (like several "festival laurels" that we couldn't use when we made the first version because, well, we hadn't gotten into any festivals then).

Then, I got all the paperwork collected for IFC on Thursday (I had to send them appearance releases for every actor in the trailer, location releases for every location, music releases, prop releases, and a notarized affidavit certifying my eligibility to submit the project to them. It took me a while to get it all together, especially because a couple of location releases were inexplicably missing. The two I needed to get were, naturally, the two hardest to get.

But anyway, it's done now, and IFC sent me the schedule when the trailer will run, supposedly in its entirety, on Media Lab Shorts Updated.

Monday, October 2 @ 8:30 pm
Wednesday, October 4 @ 7:45am
Sunday, October 8 @ 8:05am
Monday, October 9 @ 7:10 am

I watched another episode of the show this week, and it turns out they really don't show THAT many shorts in their entirety. They show clips from a bunch of stuff, and they do a feature or two on filmmakers, and they show probably 4 or 5 shorts. So I feel pretty good about having gotten on there (and I'm still wondering how exactly we were selected, as the video had only been on the website for a little over a week. But I'm not looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home