Monday, December 18, 2006

Coming Soon...

...to a DVD retailer near you. Okay, actually my movie, The Proper Care & Feeding of an American Messiah, is going to be self-distributed via CustomFlix (for now -- I'm still pursuing distribution options).

You can buy it soon -- in the next few weeks -- via CustomFlix:


It's a "Special Edition" 2-disc set, with a 60-minute "making-of" documentary (an excellent piece made by one of my former students) and 30+minutes of deleted scenes.

I'll announce the official release when it's available. At the moment, it's still processing through the CustomFlix system.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sujewa Ekanayake said...

Congrats on almost getting there w/ CustomFlix Mr. Chris H.

Also, your Baylor blog looks good ( the design of it, no content there yet of course). I don't think I've still figured out how to add a YouTube window/clip to my Blogger blog when I want to post a clip there, if u know, please let me know when you get a chance (maybe an Indie Features post? :).

CustomFlix seems like a good way to go. Aside from selling my flick Date Number One through my web site & other retailers, I will probably also offer it through CustomFlix.

I just blogged about the CustomFlix's new Amazon Unbox web download option at my main blog:
http://www.diyfilmmaker.blogspot.com/. It sounds like a good service.

E-mail me when Messiah is available for purchase from CustomFlix, will metion it on my main blog & will buy a copy to see what the CustomFlix product looks like.

Thanks, Merry (belated) Christmas & happy holidayz!!! :)

- Sujewa
http://wwww.wilddiner.com/

12/26/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Sujewa,

Hey man -- Merry Christmas to you, too!

As far as YouTube, I think you just have to use the link and embed codes on the video's page. I knew how to do it once, but can't seem to recall right now.

The Baylor blog, yeah, one of our students designed the template, but the whole thing is a test for us to implement it for all faculty. I hate the picture ;-)

I will let you know how the CustomFlix thing works out -- I am waiting on the proof copy now, and I want to see how that turns out. I'm unsure about the Unbox option at this point (though the DVD will be listed on Amazon). I'm not AGAINST Unbox -- just not sure it's a viable thing at this point.

Merry Christmas to you!

12/26/2006 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home