Thursday, January 18, 2007

A First

A first for me: this morning, I received a fax from someone wanting to get a copy of my masters thesis, having "come across many references" to it and being "very interested in reading it." The writer wanted to know if an electronic copy was available for download or would she have to get it through interlibrary loan.

This is the first time I've heard anyone outside of my thesis committee or my family mention my project. I would be amazed if there were any references to it out there. In truth, it's not a traditional thesis. I wrote a feature length screenplay (a bad one, I might add, but it was my first) and had to do a certain amount of scholarly meandering to justify the academic nature of the project to fulfill degree requirements.

But my ego has been sufficiently stroked.

2 Comments:

Blogger DAN BUCK said...

Of course, there are "many references" to the holocaust and lots of people "interested in reading" about it. So...

No, I'm kidding, I'm sure your thesis is better than most genocides.

Congrats on the random praise (the best kind in my opinion).

1/19/2007 7:38 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Ha -- well, yes, that kind of thing had occurred to me. The many references might have all said how laughably bad the thing was. They might have said, "It's so awful, you'll laugh yourself to death." And thus, I too might be "very interested in reading it."

Who wouldn't want to read something that bad?

1/19/2007 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home