Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MockFest and Texas Filmmakers' Production Fund

I'm about to go on a brief vacation, so blogging will be sporadic (well, even MORE sporadic than normal). But before I go, I wanted to announce another L.A. screening of the film.

We are an official selection of the MockFest. The Proper Care & Feeding of an American Messiah will screen Sunday, June 3rd, at 1pm at the Vine Theater in Hollywood.

Also, we managed to finish editing and animating the test scene we shot from ENDINGS (thanks, Josh!). The scene looked pretty good. There is a lot more I'd like to do with it, given more time, but I feel like it's a good representation of what we can do with the animated sequences, and having a complete test scene done this early in pre-production means I can really start tweaking the look and feel of the animation, in addition to refining the process of shooting it.

The rush to finish the editing on the sequence had to do with including it in our grant application to the Texas Filmmakers' Production Fund. We're applying for a fairly sizable grant to pay for a chunk of the film's budget, and I really wanted to include a scene showing what exactly we intended.

The application was mailed out well in advance of the postmark deadline, so I'm feeling pretty good about it (not that mailing it out on timee means squat in terms of the quality of the application; I think I'm just awash in the afterglow of finishing on time and leaving town with something completed).

Anyway,, say a prayer and wish us luck for some grant funding.

4 Comments:

Blogger DAN BUCK said...

Have a great time in H-wood. Any festival with a Zelig award is okay in my book! :)

5/24/2007 4:15 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

ha -- yes -- wouldn't that be a nice award to have to one's credit!

5/26/2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

Hey Chris, I wish I had found your blog sooner. It would have been nice to have seen you and your film. I'm currently editing on my first feature. It's been a great experience so far. Congratulations on your new baby girl. What is her name?

10/13/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

congrats on being in post on your first feature. keep working on it til you love it!

my new baby's name is Ava...

there's a post with a picture on my blog somewhere (look in the July 2007 archive)...

10/13/2007 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home