Friday, June 01, 2007

Compliment

I am still traveling, and I went out tonight to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean flick (mini-review: "Eh."). When I bought my ticket, I noticed the price was lower than I was expecting.

I looked down at said ticket after I went into the theatre, and I noticed the word "Student" emblazoned across it.

I had been mistaken for a student.

(Context: the in-laws live in a university town, and in fact work for the university in the town. Side note: how is it so many people in my family work in higher ed?)

So, here I am in a strange town, dressed the way I always am in the summer (shorts, t-shirt, flip flops), and me and my growing bald spot and full beard get mistaken for a student.

Gotta tell ya, it was nice.

I think it must have been the flip flops.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive Chris.

Hope all is well is Illinois.

6/01/2007 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could pass as a graduate student. I got IDed when buying beer the other day, which was similarly flattering, even if it didn't mean a discount.

6/02/2007 12:48 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Chuck -- I like the idea that I can still pass for a grad student! I can believe you can, too. Nice to get carded, LOL.

BK -- good to hear from you. I'm back in Waco now. How's life in Houston?

6/05/2007 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home