Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vintage Hansen

I'll probably regret this -- but my first film, a student project shot on 16mm and clocking in at 57 minutes long, is now available for online viewing. It's called Flanagan's Exile, and it's bad in a lot of ways, not the least of which is it's hyper-seriousness (I didn't have much of a sense of humor back then).

Oh -- and the hour-long running time? Yikes! What was I thinking. No one wants to watch a short that's not short. Just make it a feature, if that's called for, or cut the thing.

Well, it is what it is. I learned a lot from making it, the most notable thing being that I love making movies, in spite of how hard a thing it is to do well.

Watch Flanagan's Exile here. If you dare.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris. I tried to watch "Flanagan's Exile" but I got approximately 40 minutes into it--at the point where the woman English teacher starts to read Sean's book--when it suddenly cut out and some other movie started playing. I tried everything I could to make it come back but it seems to have disappeared. Is the site f*cked up?

8/27/2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

harumph. i have no idea. i never watched that far on this site. i'll check into it...

(impressed you got that far into it, LOL)...

8/27/2007 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, it's working now...

8/27/2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

yes, but it doesn't make the movie any better, does it? ;-)

8/27/2007 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

8/27/2007 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home