Eight Things Meme
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
Eight Facts About Me:
1. By this time tomorrow, I will have four children. Yes, four. It sounds like a lot when I type it out. Actually, it sounds like a lot when I say it, read it, or think it, too.
2. I was a huge Doctor Who fan when I was in junior high and high school. Doctor Who, for those of you who don't know, is a British sci-fi show about a time traveling alien (a time lord) who takes companions with him on his adventures. I stopped being a fan sometime in high school, and the show ceased production not long after that, but it was revived around three years ago as a more adult-oriented show, and I've been sucked back in.
3. I was once in a car accident so bad that people I didn't know said to me, "That was you? I saw that on the news" when I recounted the story of why I was in so much pain. A Saturn ran a red light and bashed into the driver's side (I was driving) as I was leaving the movies (having just seen Robert Altman's The Player. Ironically, I was on my way back to the hospital anyway, because my dad had just had surgery for prostate cancer.
4. I struggled with my weight most of my life, finally losing 100 pounds four or five years ago (and I've kept most of it off).
5. I was born in New York and moved to Georgia when I was eight years old, leaving behind a life I can barely remember now.
6. I fell in love with my wife long before she fell for me. In fact, we had to "break up" as friends because I couldn't get over her. Two years later, things had changed, and we went out on our first date. We knew we were going to get married within three or four weeks.
7. I was an English major in college (this isn't that interesting, but I'm running out of "good" facts).
8. I have to get up at 4:30am tomorrow so we can get to the hospital for the induction procedure. This isn't particularly interesting either, but it explains why I'm cutting this short now!
I'm also going to break the rule about tagging eight people, because I'm tired and have a lot to do tonight!