Monday, July 09, 2007

Eight Things Meme

I've been tagged by Chuck for the Eight Things Meme. And since I'm so rarely tagged for memes, I decided to do it. I'm terrible at these things, so my facts might be completely uninteresting.

Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

Eight Facts About Me:
1. By this time tomorrow, I will have four children. Yes, four. It sounds like a lot when I type it out. Actually, it sounds like a lot when I say it, read it, or think it, too.
2. I was a huge Doctor Who fan when I was in junior high and high school. Doctor Who, for those of you who don't know, is a British sci-fi show about a time traveling alien (a time lord) who takes companions with him on his adventures. I stopped being a fan sometime in high school, and the show ceased production not long after that, but it was revived around three years ago as a more adult-oriented show, and I've been sucked back in.
3. I was once in a car accident so bad that people I didn't know said to me, "That was you? I saw that on the news" when I recounted the story of why I was in so much pain. A Saturn ran a red light and bashed into the driver's side (I was driving) as I was leaving the movies (having just seen Robert Altman's The Player. Ironically, I was on my way back to the hospital anyway, because my dad had just had surgery for prostate cancer.
4. I struggled with my weight most of my life, finally losing 100 pounds four or five years ago (and I've kept most of it off).
5. I was born in New York and moved to Georgia when I was eight years old, leaving behind a life I can barely remember now.
6. I fell in love with my wife long before she fell for me. In fact, we had to "break up" as friends because I couldn't get over her. Two years later, things had changed, and we went out on our first date. We knew we were going to get married within three or four weeks.
7. I was an English major in college (this isn't that interesting, but I'm running out of "good" facts).
8. I have to get up at 4:30am tomorrow so we can get to the hospital for the induction procedure. This isn't particularly interesting either, but it explains why I'm cutting this short now!

I'm also going to break the rule about tagging eight people, because I'm tired and have a lot to do tonight!

7 Comments:

Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

Good Luck Chris and the Hansen Family!

And Wow on the facts. I had no idea.

7/09/2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Thanks, BK -- and which facts made you go, "wow"?

7/10/2007 2:28 AM  
Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

car wreck after "The Player"

The Weight, never would have got that. Congrats.

The others are good too, but not as "wow" as the top two. That and I knew a couple of them. Also the fact that your response was at 2:28 am, thats impressive.

7/10/2007 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Chris! I'd forgotten that you were in that accident on the way out of The Player, which I believe I saw with you.

And by an odd set of coincidences, if I'm not mistaken, I was in a car accident soon after that coming home from visiting my grandfather in the hospital. Then again, I was in a lot of car accidents back then.

7/10/2007 10:02 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

BK -- yeah, those are two good ones.

Chuck -- I didn't even remember that. I remember liking the film a lot, and my brother not loving it. As for your car accidents... what was with that, LOL?

7/12/2007 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured I'd get them all out of the way when I was a young adult so that I wouldn't have to deal with them now.

I had my share of bad luck with cars back then, some if it (quite obviously) self-imposed.

7/22/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Chuck -- good plan, LOL...

7/23/2007 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home