Friday, December 21, 2007

Building a Better Gingerbread House

Okay, so it's my first time. I have NEVER built a gingerbread house. Well, my wife bought a kit (heck, I'm not doing this from scratch), and me and the rugrats set out to construct ourselves a winter home.

You can see the results below. And, yes, I'm a bit proud. Honestly, when I started out with this, I was concerned that I wouldn't even get the walls to stand up. For the record, I was largely responsibly for the application of frosting, and the kids handled all candy decorations -- a nice division of labor, I think.

Picture 1 - Front View:

The big round candies are wreaths (we didn't have green ones).

Picture 2 - Back and Side:

The back windows are a little cluttered with candies, I admit, but that's the way the kids wanted it.

Picture 3 - Side View:

Check out the detail on that roofing!

Yeah, the frosting isn't too precisely applied, but the main thing was that we had a blast doing it. The kids loved every moment (not counting when they were fighting for access to the gingerbread house). And so did I.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Cool. Congrats!

12/23/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger DAN BUCK said...

I love the house, but the neighborhood...

12/23/2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

LOL -- I was trying to think of a witty retort, Dan, but I just couldn't come up with anything good!

12/23/2007 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home