Tuesday, June 03, 2008

ENDINGS update

Random notes:

Production starts Thursday. I have a head cold and scratchy throat (great timing).

I took my kids to see Horton Hears a Who last night, sort of a "last hurrah" before the movie starts up. I really enjoyed it, much to my surprise, as I didn't think it would translate well (especially at feature length). But it did -- moving and funny, though it did drag in a few spots.

We still don't have a convenience store in which to shoot a pivotal scene, though we are making progress on a couple of fronts (I think).

The student crew is in the building today setting up lights, working on production design/art direction stuff, and generally getting the lay of the land.

I can't seem to think straight because of this head cold, so I think I'm going to run out and get some medicine.

The "making of" documentary crew came in a few minutes ago and told me to "be myself" -- which is very hard to do when you're told to do it.

I can't believe we start shooting on Thursday...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Good luck with production!

You'd think a convenience store wouldn't be all that hard to find--there are a million of them everywhere. But I guess very few are willing to close their business for two days so you can film a movie.

Times like these it pays to be part of the studio system where you could just build a set. ... As long as it doesn't burn down, of course.

Good luck securing the location!

6/03/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Thanks for the well wishes, J. Yeah, you're exactly right about convenience stores. They don't want to sacrifice their business, which is understandable, and if we were a big production, we'd be able to pay for the privilege of using a place for several days. But since we're not funded well enough to do that, we're just doing what we can!

6/03/2008 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Marissa said...

Interesting read

3/24/2022 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home