Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An ENDINGS Update

At the request of my fan (okay, I know I actually have two or three), I'm endeavoring to provide an update on various aspects of Endings, which begins production on June 5th.

I spoke (via email) with one of the lead actors this week, and he is preparing his "look" for the film. He's on stage in Chicago right now in a production of Carousel, so he's having to wait til the last week of the run to grow out his hair and beard a bit. Since the character he's playing is an addict, I'm trying to make him look as grungy as possible.

We're still looking for a sound recordist -- not an easy task on the budget we have, but I'm still hopeful that we'll find someone good (there are still a few candidates in the running, but nothing has been decided).

We're still waiting on equipment to arrive, specifically our Letus Extreme lens adapter, which is taking a frakking long time to arrive (pardon my Battlestar Galactica profanity).

Location scouting continues. We're working with the city of Waco to get access to a number of great locations here, and with the city of Bellmead (just to the north of Waco), whose City Manager is a great guy who loves working with filmmakers.

I'll be getting the word out for extras in the local paper via the entertainment editor's blog on the paper's website.

A day player in a key role may be dropping out because of the expense (gas costs continue rising, and this person -- a friend -- was coming from a long way away to be a part of the film).

The same friend also sent me some music samples this week, because he's the composer (and he was also the composer on my last feature).

Every time I talk to one the actors, I get excited.

Every time I think about making a creative decision, I get nervous.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Thanks for the update. This is an exciting time for you. Three weeks to go!

Good luck finding an actor to replace the guy who dropped out. Maybe you could find some extra money somewhere to pay his travel expenses.

5/15/2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

My fan! ;-) Thanks, Jonathan, for your consistent interest.

5/15/2008 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home