Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rough Cut!

Well, the first rough cut of Endings is complete, clocking in at a surprising one hour and fifty two minutes (01:52). I say surprising because I fully expected this cut to run a lot longer that that. So this is very good news, as it means we can cut the film for the proper pacing and flow and not have to worry about artificially trying to shorten it. It will no doubt get shorter (I really want it no longer than one hour and forty five minutes), but now I don't have to worry about it!

And here is the cut itself. The picture below is a screen capture of the entire rough cut of Endings, straight of editor B.K. Garceau's computer (click on the picture to see a full size version).



(By the way, for those of you who are interested, the blue tracks on the timeline represent the video, while the green are the various layers of audio tracks).

8 Comments:

Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

haha, I almost posted this on my page, but I was like, I'll wait till Chris says its okay! guess it is!

9/27/2008 8:26 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Ha, yes, it's okay -- but thanks for letting me do it first ;-)

9/27/2008 8:40 PM  
Blogger DAN BUCK said...

Holy crap,

BK is the man. I've done enough editing to know what kind of time that screen represents.

BK, is it good too see daylight again?

9/28/2008 7:25 AM  
Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

actually yes... I got a little sun burn yesterday...

9/28/2008 10:54 AM  
Blogger Shane Alexander said...

Awesome, pal.

I can't wait to see it when you start showing it off. Congrats.

9/29/2008 3:40 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Congrats, Chris! That's wonderful.

And thanks for including the snapshot. For those of us who know almost nothing about editing, it was very interesting to see and to note how much more audio there is than video.

At first, I thought, wait a minute. Doesn't this say it's 2 hours and 52 minutes? Then I realized, upon closer examination, that it began at the 1 hour mark. :)

Anyway, this is wonderful news and I look forward to seeing the final version.

10/01/2008 8:40 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

I included it precisely for people like you, Jonathan, because I knew you'd be interested in seeing how it lays out on the screen.

10/01/2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Yes, I was quite interested. Thanks for thinking of me, Chris.

10/01/2008 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home