Saturday, June 28, 2008

update

I haven't updated lately because it's been hard enough getting through the days with the arm hurting, feeling nauseated from pain pills, and operating on very little sleep. I can say that today was the first day I actually enjoyed being on the set since the surgery, as the pain was a little better. I also decided against taking my pain pills, which I'm convinced were the main source of my nausea,

We have about 7 or 8 shooting days left. I really can't wait for it to end -- which isn't to say I don't like making movies! Shortly after it's done, I'll be thinking about the next one. But right now, I'm physically and psychically spent, and the difficulty posed by doing this all with surgery in the middle has really gotten to me.

At the end of it, though, I'll be excited about what we have, and I think we'll have a pretty good movie on our hands.

Below, an early still (photo credit: Mike Davis):

5 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Sorry to hear it's been so painful; I'm sure if it weren't for the injury, pain, surgery, and nausea, making the film would have been a much more pleasant experience. I hope though you were able to use your pain to make your art better.

Nice pic. Looks like some good lighting.

6/29/2008 8:04 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

i hope so, too, LOL. we shall see...

6/29/2008 7:29 PM  
Blogger Shane Alexander said...

I think you should change your blog name (at least for this summer) to: Making Movies in Flyover Country with One Hand Elevated above My Heart.

6/30/2008 12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your post-mowing injury is much like my two broken bones--a pinky finger in volleyball and a collarbone from falling down a three-step stairway. But think of the acres of character you have gained....

7/02/2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

acres of painful character. i'm actually quite proud of the fact that i was able to finish this film through the pain. some days were pretty tough...

7/05/2008 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home