Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's official...

...I am old. I had to buy a pair of reading glasses (like the ones pictured) tonight, because certain things are hard to focus on when up close.

The really sad part is that my distance vision has been lousy since 5th grade, and it steadily worsened up until a few years ago. So, I can't see stuff far away, and now I'm beginning to have a difficult time seeing close up.

I hope the ranges don't meet up someday.

I'm planning to one day have vision correction surgery, but my optometrist recommended waiting until the latest procedure on the horizon (permanent lens replacement)is perfected in 5-8 years. If I get LASIK now, I'll just end up needing to wear reading glasses anyway.

Balding, reading glasses. What's next?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Everleth said...

What's next? Nothing a little blue pill can't cure.

Hey, you asked...

10/22/2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Shane Alexander said...

Waking up to urinate at night.

Invasive physicals at the doctor's office.

And four unreasonably expensive weddings.

10/23/2008 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home