Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Screening in L.A.

If any of my readers out there (readers? what readers?) are in L.A. and want to see my film, The Proper Care & Feeding of an American Messiah, it's playing on Wednesday, October 11th, at 2:15pm at Mann's Chinese Theaters, on screen three.

I wanted to go and had been planning to make the trip, but I had several trips I really had to make in October, and I just couldn't afford the time away for this one.

It's wierd, I admit, to have TOO MANY events to go to. A few years ago, I sat in my office every day wishing I had something better to do. Now that I'm teaching at Baylor and have made a film, I've been on the go a lot more, and with a wife and three kids (and the attendant soccer games, dance practices, and more), I just don't have the time to do it all.

This week alone, the film is screening in L.A. at FAIF, in Memphis (Indie Memphis), and in Oak Ridge TN (at the Secret City Film Festival). It's a rare occurrence, but it's pretty cool to have all these screenings at one time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

You missed seeing your movie at Mann's?

Bummer.

But it's on right now! How cool is that?

10/11/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

Yeah -- I know, people told me I should have gone (and believe me, I wanted to). But with a mid-week, mid-afternoon screening, I really didn't think I'd have much of an audience anyway.

I wish I could hear from someone who was there!

10/11/2006 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home