Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Change in Plans

I mentioned recently that I would be speaking at my alma mater about jobs for English majors as part of a conference they were planning to introduce their majors to all sorts of job possibilities that they might not have considered.

Well, the plans have changed. I'm still going to speak. But now it's just me.

Seems that they were concerned about turnout because they had planned, I suppose, too many sessions. So they canceled the whole thing, and they're bringing me in as the sole speaker, to speak about creative writing as a career choice.

Which is flattering (though it did occur to me that they had already paid for the airline ticket).

What's weird is that, while I relish the opportunity to speak at my old school, I sometimes wonder if I have anything at all to offer. What have I accomplished, really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home