Thursday, September 27, 2007

Enjoying the Process

I've been editing Clean Freak as it's shot. The process is a little different than what I did on American Messiah. That shoot was over before we really got into the meat of editing.

But -- even though the shooting style for Clean Freak comes from necessity (I don't have time to shoot the entire thing in one long shoot) -- one of the things I like about this way of doing it is the energy it gives me.

I'm "caught up" editing all the footage I've shot so far, and I've really been enjoying the process of laying the shots on the timeline and watching it all come together. And as I complete the editing on whatever footage I've shot to that point, I get anxious to shoot some more. So the whole shoot/edit/shoot/edit process is feeding my desire to keep going.

Part of my joy is just getting down to business on a new creative project and finally seeing it come together. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm feeling more confident that Clean Freak will be done by the end of 2007. In fact, I think it's likely that it'll be done way before that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad the editing is going so well.

What kind of equiptment/program are you using to edit? Is it the same that you used for "American Messiah"?

9/27/2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

i'm using Final Cut Pro on my MacBook Pro to edit. we did American Messiah on FCP, too, but not on my laptop. because of the size of the film (and the resolution of the HD footage), it took a lot of storage space and processing speed, so we did that on the department's HD editing suite...

9/27/2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger Mike Everleth said...

Can't wait to see it!

9/28/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Chris Hansen said...

LOL, I'm hoping it doesn't stink. I"ll be sending you a copy when it's done, Mike.

9/29/2007 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home