Monday, October 27, 2008

Just like that

So I'm sitting here in this creative slump I've been dealing with for weeks, during which I haven't come up with a single idea that I'd like to pursue for a new script.

And then, out of nowhere, I have an idea this morning (5 minutes ago, actually) that has my brain working in creative overdrive. Okay, it wasn't "out of nowhere" -- I read an article online, and I crossed that article with something else, and now I have an idea.

Okay, it's not a fully formed idea. It's more like a character with a hobby that is at odds with his profession, and I have no idea where I'll take it. I have to develop it into an actual concept, but right now, I'm just pleased that I have a story idea that I can think about...

And I shouldn't really say that my brain is in creative overdrive, because I can't focus on the idea right now as I have to finish grading papers for one class and prep a lecture for another. But still...

2 Comments:

Blogger B.K. Garceau III said...

Always a good thing to have a creative breakthrough!!

10/27/2008 7:37 PM  
Blogger The Medievalist said...

That is a straight line that is almost too irresistable for words--a guy with a hobby that contradicts his job? A senator who collect hookers? Wait, that's been done. (Actually can't wait to find out what this is really all about. Good luck with that.)

10/27/2008 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home