Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goodbye 30s

Well, the day is almost here when I must bid adieu to my 30s. It hasn't been a bad decade. In my 30s, the following things occurred:

  • we had two terrific children (we had the other two terrific children when I was in my 20s); (also, note that I didn't say that *I* had two children, since, well, I'm a man, and we're biologically incapable of that);
  • I made four films (three features and one short) that have played in 40+ film festivals, and the latest one isn't even out yet;
  • I got a job teaching film at Baylor University;
  • I earned tenure at that job, which essentially means I can keep it for life;
  • I was appointed head of the program in which I teach;
  • I edited a book of essays that was published by an academic publisher;
  • I contributed a chapter to another published book of essays.

    So, that's not a bad decade of accomplishments, I suppose. I'm wondering if my 40s are going to be able to top that. Well 40s - are you up to the challenge?
  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Chris
    Following the production through your blog has been exciting and informational. Thanks for thinking of it.
    Look forward to seeing the family.

    6/30/2011 7:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home